In the market for a conveyancer?
You’ve come to the right place!
Property law & conveyancing
We are proud to be actively involved in the property market, assisting individuals, developers and estate agents with all their conveyancing needs.
As the market for financial services in South Africa has become more competitive in recent years, the speed, accuracy and efficiency at which service is delivered have become the benchmark on which service is judged. Thus, it is our pleasure to provide a fast, comprehensive and efficient service to our clients, meeting all their conveyancing needs.
We are committed to service excellence, taking the utmost care to always provide fair outcomes in the sale and transfer of properties.
Our areas of specialty
Navigating the intricacies of conveyancing is our passion. Our lawyers advise on all aspects of conveyancing and property law, including:
Registration & cancellation of mortgage bonds
Transfers relating to deceased estates & divorce
Drafting offers to purchase
We Do Law Differently
Unlike most other firms, our mission is to get results, and we do that by understanding your personal needs and offering tailored advice specific to your situation.
Being a smaller firm gives us the ability establish personal relationships with all of our clients and not only a formal attorney-client relationship. Thus, we pride ourselves on excellent customer service, ensuring that our clients are always brought up to date with the status of matters as and when new developments arise.
The attorney will request the following documents from you
- Banking Details
- I.D Documents
- Proof Of Residence
- Copy Of Bank Document That Has Your
- Individual Details
- Income Tax Details
- The buyer will make a transfer into the Transfer Attorney’s Trust Account, of any deposit that may be payable, to hold onto the money until registration takes place.
- The transfer Attorney will request a cancellation of an existing bond from cancellation attorneys if there is any.
- The transfer attorney will also make contact with the bond registration attorney, who will register the bond (if any) for their guarantees for the purchase price.
Transfer documents will be prepared by the Transfer Attorney to be signed by both the buyer and the seller
- Rates, levies, and transfer duty will be forwarded to relevant stakeholders by the transfer attorney for clearance figures to be paid to obtain clearance certificates
- Transfer guarantees will be received by the transfer attorney from the bond registration attorneys
- The deeds will be lodged in the Deed’s Office
- The transfer takes 8-10 days from lodgement in the Deeds Office to Registration
- The buyer becomes the new owner of the property on the registration of the deed in the Deeds Office
- Deeds Office releases the title deed – directly to the new owner if there is no bond, and to the bank, if there is a bond registered on the property
- The original deed is sent to the Transferring Attorney, who will then deliver it to the new homeowner/bank
Understanding your needs, offering practical solutions
Reach us at short notice to institute or defend any legal proceedings and complex litigation matters. Simply fill in the form below and we’ll set up a 30-minute consultation to assist you.