Experts in contract law
Helping you engage in business and exchange knowing that there is an agreement that is fair and beneficial to all parties.
Contract law in South Africa
Contracts are the core of business and commercial transactions. Requirements for a valid contract include:
- Consensus: intent must be consistent on all aspects of the agreement
- Capacity: the legal capacity to enter into an agreement
- Legality: the agreement must be lawful
- Security: the agreement must have definite content to ensure commitments can be enforced
- Intention: Intention to create legal relations related to the significance of the agreement.
- Formalities: Where in exceptional cases, require that the agreement should be in a certain format (for example, in writing and signed), these formalities must be respected.>
As such, if you are entering into a new contract, we strongly advise you seek professional contract law services, to ensure that your contract is fair to your circumstances, protective of each party and their interests.
Our areas of specialty
Navigating the intricacies of conveyancing is our passion. Our lawyers advise on all aspects of conveyancing and property law, including:
Company registration & administration
Drafting memorandums of incorporation & shareholder’s agreements
Sale or transfer of business assets including shares
Drafting resolutions & supplementary documentation
Non-disclosure & confidentiality agreements
Contract negotiations & advisory
Service level agreements
We Do Law Differently
Unlike most other firms, our mission is to get results, and we do that by understanding your personal needs and offering tailored advice specific to your situation.
Being a smaller firm gives us the ability establish personal relationships with all of our clients and not only a formal attorney-client relationship. Thus, we pride ourselves on excellent customer service, ensuring that our clients are always brought up to date with the status of matters as and when new developments arise.
Expertly drawn up contracts in minutes!
Simply fill in the form below, and we’ll set up a 30-minute, no obligation, consultation to see where we can assist you.